- A Team Member is a person working within the organisation.
- A Tribe Member is a person who has completed the I Am Here: Tribe Members course and then becomes an advocate for the I Am Here movement.
- An Ambassador is a Tribe Member who has completed the I Am Here: Ambassadors course to develop the courage, confidence and skills to act as a signpost to connect people with the help and support they may need.
As a Tribe Member, you can:
- Help build a culture of support.
- Promote I Am Here to others.
- Recruit more Tribe Members.
Tribe Members and Ambassadors come from all areas of the organisation. Together they create a culture where it’s ok not to feel ok; and it’s absolutely ok to ask for help.
The I Am Here journey comprises four components:
- I Am Here: The Why – Creating Awareness (3-minute video)
- I Am Here: Tribe Members – Changing Beliefs & Behaviours (30-minute eLearning course)
- I Am Here: Ambassadors – Building Courage, Confidence & Skills (2-hour eLearning course)
- I Am Here: The Arena – Sharing Stories, Sharing Support (ongoing supports)
Select the link to access the I Am Here journey map for further details.
Before displaying your Ambassador symbol at the start of each day, perform a short self-check to ensure you have the courage, confidence and skills to act in your role as an Ambassador.
Work through these key questions during your self-check:
- Do I have time today?
- Can I be my own observer today?
- Do I need any help?
If you need a refresh on the self-check questions, refer to the I Am Here: Ambassadors course. It is always available to support you.
Ambassadors are CLEAR, that is, they demonstrate:
- Compassion – To show compassion is to have the desire to relieve the suffering of a fellow Team Member by showing genuine concern for their situation, acting with kindness and care and being there for them.
- Listening – You could say that listening actively is the most important skill that underpins I Am Here. Listening carefully involves ‘listening with all your senses’ to understand the Team Member’s full message.
- Empathy – Showing empathy is the ability to step into your fellow Team Member’s shoes to understand the situation from their perspective.
- Acceptance – Total acceptance means putting aside your own opinions, values and bias. A Team Member who feels accepted is more likely to trust you to guide them to help and support on offer.
- Real – An Ambassador is real and authentic. This means showing up as yourself so that the Team Member can also be themselves.
Yes. A moderator reviews all comments, replies, posts and stories to determine if they are appropriate and in alignment with the I Am Here message before going live on The Arena.